The Newmarket Business Association was first incorporated in 1937. Although our look and feel has evolved over the years, our primary focus is still much the same. In the technical sense we are a Business Improvement District (BID) and represent around 3,100 members and landlords who reside within our BID boundary. The boundary is loosely Alpers Ave to the south, top of Remuera Road to the east, George Street/Parnell Road to the north and Park Road up Khyber Pass Road to the west – and everything in between. We are funded by a small levy on the business rates based on the capital value of the buildings that are within this boundary.