The Newmarket Arts Trust has been responsible for commissioning and installing 4 public art works in Newmarket.
- “The World Grasped” bronze sculpture by Terry Stringer (outside Smith and Caughey’s).
- “Sliver”, a stainless steel work by Virginia King (cnr. Khyber Pass Road & Broadway)
- “Globgobs” 9 brightly coloured egg-shaped “globgobs” by Seung Yul Oh (in Teed/Osborne Street)
- “Andale, Andale” a striking floral design artwork by Reuben Paterson, on Remuera Road.
- “Heliograph” is a sculpture representing Te Tī Tu Tahi by Ray Haydon, on Teed Street.
The NBA participates in Auckland’s annual Art Week and Heritage Festival and supports The Newmarket Stage Company.
If you are interested in viewing all of Newmarket’s artworks, sculptures and murals, view and download a copy of the Newmarket Art Map here.