Like a pillow on a plate, these decadent pancakes with mascarpone and berries make for the perfect weekend treat.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 2 cup mixed berries
- 30ml maple syrup
- 4 freeze dried raspberries
1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2 . In a large bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg.
Do not over beat.
3 . Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and whisk all ingredients together until a smooth batter forms.
4 . Rest batter for 5 minutes before using.
5. Meanwhile, make the berry compote by blending 1⁄2 cup of the berries until a puree is made, then pour this over the remaining berries until fully coated in the puree. Set aside.
6. To cook pancakes, heat two separate small frypans on medium heat and spray with oil.
7 . Divide the batter between the pans, making sure the batter is evenly spread over the pans.
8. Cook on one side for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the surface.
9 . Carefully flip and cook on the other side – they should be slightly golden
10. Flip the pancakes onto plates and top with mascarpone, followed by berry compote and a drizzle of maple syrup. Garnish with mint and crushed freeze dried raspberries.