The city is building up with excitement in anticipation for the 36th America’s Cup that is set to take place from 6th – 21st March and will see the Defender, Emirates Team New Zealand take on PRADA Cup winner, Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli.
Whether you’re visiting from near or far, Newmarket is the perfect backdrop to the racing action with shopping, dining and entertainment options galore. With the best of New Zealand and international fashion, New Zealand’s premier shopping mall, art galleries and more, Newmarket is your one stop shop.
In close proximity to the CBD and Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour, Newmarket is only a short journey away, so you can easily explore the very best of what the City of Sails has to offer. To discover more about Newmarket, click here.
We are giving you the chance to WIN $1000 to spend in Newmarket during the America’s Cup. Fill in your details below and tell us just where you’d spend the $1000 to be in to win.
THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
To make the most of the sailing, we’ve got the lowdown on where to watch the highly anticipated races, where to get your hands on merchandise and nautical inspired collections, as well as public transport routes down to the Viaduct.
GET THE LOOK
Fashion and sailing go hand in hand. Look the part with official merchandise or opt for more subtle nautical collections from these New Zealand brands.
WHERE TO WATCH
From the 6th until the 15th of March, here’s where you can watch the racing live in Newmarket.
THE LUMSDEN With over 120 different craft beers available and six screens showing The Cup, book a table for a laid–back afternoon of sailing.
SOMETHING & SOCIAL Enjoy a rooftop racing experience at Something & Social. Sip your way through cocktails and snacks in the sun and cheer on your favourite team. We suggest hanging around for their Aperitivo Hour at 5pm, for $15 pizzas and $10 tap beer and deals on wines.
NUFFIELD BAR & KITCHEN Catch every race live on the big screens at the new local on Nuffield Street. They will be offering specials on Steinlager buckets, along with other daily deals – happy hour from 4pm-6pm daily, $10 cocktails all day Thursday, $10 Vodka soda’s or G&T’s all day Saturday!
Be part of the action and watch races down at the America’s Cup Race Village, easily accessible by public transport from Newmarket. Either bus or train from Newmarket into Britomart, where you’ll only have a short walk to get to the sailing hub. Click here to map your journey from Newmarket.
TRAIN : STH, WEST, ONE NEWMARKET TRAIN STATION → BRITOMART TRAIN STATION
BUS: INN NEWMARKET → CUSTOMS ST/ BRITOMART
By entering the Newmarket’s ‘America’s Cup’ competition, entrants agree to the below terms and conditions:
- Competition winner will receive $1000 to spend at any business of their choice in Newmarket.
- The prize will include airport transfers in Auckland. Winners must cover any additional travel expenses.
- The competition runs from Wednesday 24 February 2021 until Wednesday 17 March 2021.
- Winner will be randomly selected and will be notified by phone call. They will be given 24 hours to accept the prize, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
- The prize is completely non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winner agrees that their name may be used for Newmarket promotional purposes (including but not limited to social media).
- The random selection of winners is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to receive further communication from the Newmarket Business Association.
- Employees of the Newmarket Business Association and their friends and family are ineligible to enter.