The Broadway Diner first opened for business in 1948. It was then known as the Newmarket Piecart. Guy McLeod bought the business in 1962. It is now run by his daughter, Fiona McLeod.
Our oldest customers say that the burgers still taste the same as they did in the sixties, and why wouldn’t they? We still use the original recipes from back then and we use only fresh, natural ingredients. We go direct to farmers markets to buy only the freshest lettuce, tomato and onions. Our lean beef patties are made with hand-rolled New Zealand Angus beef, our chicken is pure chicken breast, our steak is Angus Scotch fillet and our onions are always freshly fried in real butter. All topped with our “Chef’s Special “ range of sauces
We cook old-fashioned burgers, meals, toasted sandwiches and chunky chips to order, proudly upholding the standard we set the very day we opened. In the words of Guy McLeod, that still ring true today: “a burger from the Broadway Diner is a balanced meal in a bag”.