WHY NEWMARKET IS A GREAT PLACE TO DO BUSINESS
- As at the 2013 census provided by Statistics NZ, there were 13,040 paid employees in Newmarket, however in light of recent commercial developments this figure is now in excess of 15,000.
- Newmarket is one of Auckland’s most respected business centres and is home to New Zealand’s premier shopping precinct, and has seen double digit population growth year on year.
- Big names such as Witchery, Country Road, French Connection, Stolen Girlfriends, Adidas, Glassons, Bendon, and Nespresso have all chosen Newmarket as the base for their flagship stores.
- Big Australian retail brands have their only New Zealand store here in Newmarket, such as Alannah Hill, Gorman, Nicola Waite.
- Newmarket showcases the best strip shopping experience in the country.
- Newmarket is home to many big corporate headquarters such as 2degrees, Vector, Watercare, Fidelity Life, Westfield NZ, Griffins, Roche, Tegel NZ and Arnott’s.
- There are over 1900 business locations in Newmarket. Of Newmarket businesses 28% are professional or technical, 18% retail and 11% financial and insurance.
- 94% of the Newmarket population have a formal qualification compared with 83% for Auckland.
- Newmarket is the second major public transport hub in Auckland, with hundreds of buses going through the bustling area every day, including the popular inner and outer Link buses. There is also a dedicated bus corridor linking the central city to Newmarket, via the university and hospital.
- Newmarket train station is the second busiest in Auckland after Britomart which can cater for up to 17,000 passengers a day.
INTRODUCING THE NEWMARKET BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (NBA)
The NBA was incorporated in 1937 as a voluntary organisation. Since 1995, membership of the NBA has been paid by Newmarket businesses through a very small levy on their council rates and based on the square footage of their property.
The team at the Association are charged with delivering on a strategic plan, set by the CEO, steered by the board of local Newmarket business people, who are voted in every September by their peers.
The primary objectives of the Association as per the constitution are:
- To assist and guide the development and advancement of the commercial interests of business people and businesses in Newmarket through a co-ordinated and structured communications, marketing and economic development programme.To foster and promote generally the welfare of the business community of Newmarket and, in particular, to provide a forum for networking and collaboration of members.
- To enhance the safety and security of Newmarket and to attract and retain business in an effort to drive employment growth and economic, social, cultural and environmental wellbeing.
- To capitalise on the unique assets and profile of Newmarket and to use these as a means of establishing an identity and positioning for the area.
- To make arrangements with and/or advocate to the Government, local authorities and/or persons, corporations or associations for the improvement of amenity, streetscapes, utilities, transport, services or other infrastructure, and for lighting, surfacing, security and cleaning in the business area of Newmarket
If you are unsure if your business is part of the Newmarket Business Association, please contact us for more information email@example.com.
INFORMATION FOR NBA MEMBERS ON SERVICES PROVIDED
Cityguard are on contract to the NBA and are in service in Newmarket Monday to Friday during business hours. City Guard can be contacted on 366 3099 ext 1 or 021 867102 if you need some support with an incident or see something suspicious. If it is a serious matter, in the first instance please call the police.
You can also contact the local police, who we have a close relationship with, at the Newmarket Police Station, 58 Remuera Road Newmarket Auckland 1050. Please contact on 529 5630.
Graffiti Removal Service
Graffiti Solutions are on contract to the NBA, and they are available on the below contact number or email, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, to remove any significant street frontage graffiti. This is a free service as part of your membership. Graffiti Solutions also visit Newmarket three times a week to check for any vandalism. Contactable on 09 525 5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rubbish Collection Services
Mobile Rubbish Bins (Rubbish and Recycling Collection)
- Rubbish (Red lid bin) for commercial premises is collected every Thursday. Please place bin kerbside by 5pm. Newmarket has been authorised for night collection.
- Recycling (blue lid bin) is collected every fortnight at 6am on a Thursday.
Please click here to be directed to the Auckland Council website or call 09 301 0101 to find out more information about collection dates and if your property qualifies for a free wheelie bin collection.
We have an open CEO session every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm at our office level 2, 238 Broadway. This is an excellent opportunity to touch base with the team and discuss any ideas or issues you may have.
Please visit: http://aedlocations.co.nz to find the nearest Automated External Defibrillator locations in Newmarket.
Business Support & Advice
The NBA is the best place to get information on local council projects, pending developments, and generally on what’s happening in our area. The association also has statistics such as pedestrian counts, consumer spending, and public information on property owners and tenants.
Should you require any further information on any of the above or if you have some great ideas to share with us, please do not hesitate to contact the team at the office on 529 1460 or email@example.com to book in a visit or to make a request.
To request a copy of the Newmarket Business Associations Member Pack which contains more information on how we can add value to your business, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.